Parents, it's almost time for Day Camp! As you prepare your child for camp, you may be wondering what your children should wear and what they should bring. We’ve created these checklists just for you.
WHAT SHOULD MY CHILD WEAR TO DAY CAMP?
- Appropriate clothing for play and weather, including sneakers and a hat
- Close-toed shoes, preferably sneakers
- Apply sunscreen SPF 15 or higher to your child each morning
- Their bead necklace (distributed on the first day of camp)
WHAT SHOULD MY CHILD BRING EACH DAY?
- Backpack to hold their items
- Small, cooler-type lunch box filled with a morning and afternoon snack, and a healthy, hearty lunch
- Refillable water bottle with ice and cold water
- Swimsuit and towel
- Younger campers, or campers who are at risk of having accidents, should bring a change of clothes each day
- Sunscreen (SPF 15 or higher). Staff will supervise the application of sunscreen, but are unable to apply sunscreen to your child unless it is in spray form.
WHAT SHOULD I PACK IN MY CHILD’S LUNCH BOX?
- A nutritious lunch, beverages and two snacks
- Please do not pack perishable items such as mayonnaise or dairy products
Please clearly mark clothing, water bottle, backpack and lunch box with child’s name and phone number. Campers have frequent water breaks and opportunities to re-fill water bottles.