There is no better summer vacation than a weekend together at Camp Kanata.
We are inviting families to join us for a fun-filled, memorable all-inclusive long weekend together at Camp. 2020 campers, grab your parents and show them everything you love about Camp. This is your chance to be the "counselor" of your family and show them how special Kanata is.
Alumni, gather your friends and family and come back to the place you love.
Never been to Camp Kanata? Then this is a fantastic way to become a part of our Camp Family and to explore all that we have to offer.
We will adhere to all state and local health department guidelines that are in place during your families visit to Camp - including practicing social distancing.
HOW WILL THE PROGRAM WORK?
- Arrival on Thursday is between 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Departure on Sunday is at 11:30 a.m.
- Each family will have their own cabin and bathroom.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided by Camp and you'll have the option of eating in the dining hall or picnicking around Kanata.
- Daily activities will include archery, the climbing wall, canoeing, swimming (in the lake and our pool), target sports, arts & crafts, the blob, the tarzan swing, water slides and more!
- Evening programs will include campfires, talent shows, singing, smores and stories.
- Opening and closing programs, including Sunday Chapel, to celebrate your time together as a family.
(Updated manually Monday, 7-6-2020, 2:00 p.m.; see online registration system for real-time availability)
- June 18 - 21, Registration closed
- June 25 - 28, Registration closed
- July 2 - 5, Registration closed
- July 9 - 12, Registration closed
- July 16- 19, FULL, please use the online registration system to waitlist your family (3 families on waitlist)
- July 23 - 26, FULL, please use the online registration system to waitlist your family (2 families on waitlist)
- July 30- August 2, FULL, please use the online registration system to waitlist your family (2 families on waitlist)
- August 6 - 9, FULL, please use the online registration system to waitlist your family (1 family on waitlist)
- August 13 - 16, FULL, please use the online registration system to waitlist your family (2 families on waitlist)
COST: $196 per person
ENSURING A SAFE AND HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT AT CAMP
Ensuring a safe summer will require a partnership among all of us. Our top priority is to keep our campers, families, and staff safe. In light of our current reality, we have elevated our medical protocols and practices using recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Camp Association (ACA), North Carolina State Health and Human Services, Wake County Health Department, and with guidance from our Camp Medical Advisory Committee.
Click here for an overview of our COVID-19 Medical Protocols and our Pre-Camp 2020 Health Screening. All family members will be required to bring their Pre-Camp 2020 Health Screening with them to Camp. As always, We will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC and the State of North Carolina. We recognize that COVID-19 guidelines will change as the landscape changes, and will adapt our programming and protocols accordingly.
Do I have to wear a mask at Camp?
In order to cancel a Family Camp Program, Camp must receive a written cancelation two weeks prior to your start date. The deposit is non-refundable. Not attending the program does not entitle you to a refund.