YMCA Camp Kanata is seeking experienced horseback instructors to work during the summer of 2021 at the Camp Kanata barn in the equestrian program. Our horseback instructors are responsible for the safety and well-being of our campers who sign up for the Kanata equestrian program.
We are looking for experienced horseback instructors who are available between June 1 and August 14, 2021. There are both full time and part time opportunities available.
Prior experience teaching and instructing horseback programs or working in a barn is preferred but not necessary.
Our staff members must possess the highest moral character and serve as positive role models. This can be articulated through Kanata’s founding character traits: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Faith, and Family.
To provide riding instructions to Campers at Camp Kanata Stables in a fun and safe environment.
- Instructs lessons and follows lesson plans created by the Horseback Director.
- Complies with and ensures safety stable rules are followed by campers
- Saddles and unsaddles lesson horses.
- Assists with the feeding and care of the horses.
- Assists with the care of the horse tack & stalls.
- Takes initiative to complete tasks without directions
Our application system will be unavailable from December 13 - 16. Current applications are not affected.