How we will keep our Camp community safe
Ensuring a safe Camp will require a partnership among all of us. Our top priority is to keep our campers, families, and staff safe. In light of our current reality, we have elevated our medical protocols and practices using recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Camp Association (ACA), North Carolina State Health and Human Services, Wake County Health Department, and with guidance from our Camp Medical Advisory Committee.
Click here for an overview of our COVID-19 Medical Protocols. As always, We will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC and the State of North Carolina. We recognize that COVID-19 guidelines will change as the landscape changes, and will adapt our programming and protocols accordingly.
OVERVIEW OF OUR GENERAL PROTOCOLS
- Our 2020 medical protocols have been designed using the CDC/ACA field guide guidelines, NC State Health and Human Services guidelines, and guidance from our Medical Advisory Committee
- Our health center will be staffed by nurses who are experienced in assessing COVID -19 symptoms in children
- We have all necessary PPE supplies including N95 masks, gowns and shields for our medical staff
- We have designed our programs in response to the State and CDC’s social distancing, small group cohorts, and cleanliness and sanitation requirements
- Masks will be worn by staff when social distancing isn’t possible (ex: climbing wall)
All persons age 5 and older are required to wear face masks when they are unable to maintain a 6-foot distance from others and while in shared spaces outside of the cabin. We recognize that there will be questions surrounding face coverings and how they are feasible in the day-to-day life of Camp. We want to assure you that staff will provide guidance throughout the weekend. Please note that there are some exceptions to this order. If you or your family members meet these criteria, please communicate with the Camp Director upon arrival.
Fall Weekend Participants
Please complete the 14 Day Health Assessment and Temperature Form below prior to arrival.