Camp Kanata is a YMCA summer camp located about an hour north of Raleigh, N.C.
We offer Day and Overnight Camps in one-week sessions. During the fall and spring, Camp Kanata offers Weekend Camps for elementary and middle school kids, and a high school leadership camp.
All camps offer exceptional water and land activities including kayaking, canoeing, archery and hiking on our 150-acre, wooded campus.
YMCA Guides spend their Fall Outings at Kanata in October and November and the Camp facilities are available for team building and/ or corporate retreats as well.
Registration Window for Open Enrollment for Summer 2023:
- Open Enrollment: Thursday, October 20 (Summer 2023 Overnight Camp and Day Camp)
- Extended Season: Thursday, November 10 (Camping Out at Kanata, Mother-Daughter Weekend, Elementary Weekend, etc.)
A reminder email will be sent to you the morning of registration, but you do not need to wait for that email to register.
Please be sure to review our Cancellation Policies before registering.
Summer 2023 Overnight Camp:
- Week 1: (Pirate Week): June 11-17, 2023
- Week 2: (Jungle Week): June 18-24, 2023
- Week 3: (Beach Blast Week): June 25-July 1, 2023
- Week 4: (Stars & Stripes Week): July 2-July 8, 2023
- Week 5: (Super Hero Week): July 9-July 15, 2023
- Week 6: (Christmas in July Week): July 16-July 22, 2023
- Week 7: (Hollywood Week): July 23-July 29, 2023
- Week 8: (Space Week): July 30-August 5, 2023
- Week 9: (Blast From the Past Week): August 6- August 12, 2023
Summer 2023 Day Camp:
Week 1: 6/12-6/16
Week 2: 6/19-6/23
Week 3: 6/26-6/30
Week 4: 7/3-7/7
Week 5: 7/10-7/14
Week 6: 7/17-7/21
Week 7: 7/24-7/28
Week 8: 7/31-8/4
Week 9: 8/7-8/11
Overnight Camp (1 week): $1,196 (YMCA of the Triangle Member Price: $1,162)
Trainee Session (3 weeks): $2,131
Day Camp (1 week): $323 (YMCA of the Triangle Member Price: $314)